We've had several emails from customers who didn't really know how a Senseo machine works. We've decided to create a Senseo Starters Guide, which includes pictures of all the steps one has to make before getting a delicious frothy cup of coffee! Note: This demonstration should be taken with a grain of salt..
1. Pick your favorite coffee pods! We've used Padinis Mocca Mountain for this demonstration.
2. This is what coffee pods actually look like.
3. Pick your favorite mug or glass. We prefer a transparant glass, because it looks fancy.
4. Insert a coffee pod (or 2 if you want 2 cups).
5. Press the ON button in the middle of the machine. (don't forget to fill the tank with water!) Wait until the red light stops flashing. You should hear the water boiling.
6. Press the one OR two cup button to make one OR two cups.
7. If you followed all the steps, then the coffee should be streaming out of the machine at this point.
8. Your coffee is (almost) ready.
9. Look at that frothy layer!
10. Don't you just love that effect of milk?
11. Remove the used coffee pod.
12. Remove the pod holder.
13. Rinse the pod holder.
If you use your Senseo for the very first time, then make you press the 2 cup button, because otherwise the machine won't work at all, this has do with the watertank and the pressure. After you've done this, then you can brew a single cup as many times as you want.